Atari ST Emulator

Hallo,

1. Is there an Emulator to play Atari ST Games at the Android Version of Retroarch?.
  2. When will Amiga Games be supported by Retroarch.
  1. We usually use hatari but it doesn’t have a JNI makefile, which means it doesn’t build for Android. That might change at some point but in the meantime you can try using the mame-git core (that is, the one that’s not followed by a year), though it’s sort of a hassle to use the MESS consoles through it.

2. Have you tried the P-UAE core for Amiga?

Hallo

to 1: I can’t find the mame-git core when i take a look at the Core Updater. There are only following cores provided for MAME: MAME 2000, MAME 2003 and MAME. to 2: Thanks! Is it necessary to have an amiga kickstart rom to use the emulator? If it’ necessary in which directory does Retroarch expect the kickstart ROM?

1. We usually use hatari but it doesn’t have a JNI makefile, which means it doesn’t build for Android. That might change at some point but in the meantime you can try using the mame-git core (that is, the one that’s not followed by a year), though it’s sort of a hassle to use the MESS consoles through it.

Hi hunterk,

for info it build fine manually on android too (standalone toolchain) , mame core also don’t have a jni file but it build fine now on buildbot , so honestly I don’t know why none enable it on buildbot, (you can see here that the screenshot was done on android https://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198&highlight=hatari) actually I’m also working on hatari version 2.0 in my github repo.

Last point, Mame is terribly bad comparing hatari fin term of atari st emulation.

@r-type ok, if it builds on android, I’ll see about enabling it on the buildbot. If it fails there, at least we’ll have errors we can look at, etc.

@sandrock Yeah, it’s the one without the year in the name.

I’m not sure about that. Typically, that sort of thing goes into the system/BIOS directory.

Hello everyone,

I use Retroarch 1.5.0 on Android Shield TV and I did not manage to build hatari core to play Atari ST roms.

Is there a hatari version compatible with Android provided by the buildbot or any alternative?

Thanks for your good work! :relaxed: