"Audio Device" options for Windows OS?

I cannot seem to get Retroarch audio to play through my HDMI TV connected to my PC. In the “Playback Devices” window, my HDMI audio is listed as “AMD HDMI Output” and “AMD HDMI High Definition Audio Device” but neither option works when input through the GUI or the CFG. Switching the Windows default sound device is too much an inconvenience, not easily do-able with a controller, and I’d rather not have certain system sounds play on the TV.

I found some mention of audio device options for Lakka, but it only gives me examples of possible device names for Linux, no info on Windows.

I would like to know this answer as well. I have a Windows 10 box with USB audio that all other programs have no issue using for sound (Plex, Steam, Windows sounds, etc.), but I can’t get retroarch to output sound on any of the systems. As an FYI, I have an NVIDIA GPU hooked up via HDMI to an HP monitor with no audio output. I have disabled all of the NVIDIA Sound outputs to prevent Retroarch from trying to put out sound over HDMI. Any ideas to configure the proper output in Windows would be a big help.

Bump. I tried using the Core Audio Powershell Module with the Get-Audiodevices command. This was the result for my HDMI audio device:

Id                            : 84a7c253-f070-4418-b34d-44f5298e894b
RealId                        : {0.0.0.00000000}.{84a7c253-f070-4418-b34d-44f5298e894b}
InterfaceName                 : AMD High Definition Audio Device
Name                          : AMD HDMI Output
FullName                      : AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)

I’ve tried all the possible names for “Audio Device” in Retroarch, and tried each name in all 3 available audio drivers, xaudio, dsound, and sdl2, but none of them play via the HDMI audio.

Have you tried switching the sound driver around inside of Retroarch. By default mine was set as Xaudio, switching to dsound fixed this for me. If you wish to use Xaudio you must have all the direct x 9 and up drivers which I suggest to download the drivers and go back to Xaudio once you have.

I have tried DSound but no name for “audio device” plays sound over HDMI. I also have complete DirectX drivers installed.