Audio glitches in PSX BIOS | Beetle PSX

When booting Beetle PSX in RetroArch I get audio glitches. Specifically, the last few seconds of the sound that plays during the PlayStation logo continue to play on loop during opening logos and even FMVs on multiple different games. You can sometimes hear it starting to loop before the sound has even finished playing. @ 3miliooo mentioned noticing the same thing on another topic of mine and even said they’d seen it either on PS2 or PS3 when playing PSX games. I can’t attest for those consoles but I have never seen this behaviour on a real PS1/PSX. Does anyone else have any experience of this? Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

INFO: I’m using the PAL BIOS and all my games are PAL. I’m also using the software renderer and the interpreter mode, with no enhancements enabled.

Here are three video examples of the audio glitches.

Confirmed, it is far more obvious on RA Beetle core but it does happen on both my PS2 and PS3 consoles with an original game disc. It is far quieter on my PS2, you really have to have the volume up loud to notice. As an aside, I just noticed that my PS3 completely swerves the Wipeout 2097 opening FMV and gets right on with loading the game, unlike my PS2, which does play the FMV :man_shrugging: