Audio only on Mednafen core during bootup

This is not critical at all but it’s strange and I thought I’d ask anyway.

When I load up Retroarch with the Medanfen core and boot up a game my screen stays black and I hear the familiar two part jingle where it’s SUPPOSED to say Sony Computer Entertainment (Yellow and white screen) and Playstation (Black with multiple colors.) I hear the jingle for both parts and then the game boots up normally, video and all. So I get audio only during the bootup and then everything is fine after that.

Again, it’s not critical because everything works but I thought it was weird and I didn’t see any posts like it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I have had a similar issue. That has been mysteriously resolved…somewhat

I would get the boot logos and everything, but at soon as I was past the BIOS both Spider-Man and Dino Crisis 2 would give me audio, but no video. I can’t pinpoint what fixed it because I put it on the backburner, and worked on various other things with that system, but once I came back to it and re-downloaded the games they worked.

SaGa Frontier had the same issue weeks later, which was partially fixed by making it skip the bios for that game. However the opening cinematic is still blank (with audio) but if you skip it the game shows up.

No one seems to know where my issues are coming from either.