Audio troubles with PSX

Hi!

This is my first thread, so I’d like to thank you for this amazing piece of software.

Well, I’ve tried with Metal Slug (Neo Geo) and it runs perfectly. However, when I play FFVIII (PSX), the video works well but the audio is not fluent at all; it’s faltering.

My laptop is old (Core 2 Duo, Geforce 8400M GS, 2GB RAM), but it’s been able to run Shenmue fluently with NullDC.

Please, help me, I want to remember my childhood.

Regards.

Mednafen-psx is very demanding. You may not be able to hit full speed consistently with a core2duo. Can you check to see if your framerate is dipping below 60 fps? Also, make sure you use NTSC ROM images, as PAL images can be weird.

Thank you for your answer, @hunterk.

I finally solved my problem using ePSXe in Ubuntu; working now fluently with FFVIII. In spite of that, I’ll keep on using Retroarch for other emulators.

Regards.

twinaphex created a new pcsx1 repo [1], where he indicated that he wants to merge the x86 dynarec from pcsxr back into pcsx-rearmed.

I already tried to replace the psxRec with the one from ix86_64 code, but now my pcsx core just quits, no error no nothing, gdb tells me it exited normally :smiley: I guess there is some libretro specific things I am overlooking.

In any case this backport might happen in the nearer future so keep an eye on it.

1: https://github.com/libretro/pcsx1-libretro