Auido Crackle on 'Bsnes cores'

Have never had any type of audio issues in the past but have started to notice audio ‘crackles’ when using bsnes cores, is this a know issue at all with recent builds?

Bsnes is a ‘high-end’ emulator due to its accuracy. Some games are more demanding than others. Are you staying at 60 fps?

Also tired Genesis-plus-gx and that has the same issue. Yeah fps seems to sick around 59.3 & 59.6 for bsnes. Should mention that i now have a G-Sync monitor and never ran into this issue before having this monitor, could the 2 be linked?

Also my PC is easily up to the task of running bsnes, so doubt its that

For Gsync monitors, disable vsync in settings > video and turn on audio sync (if it’s not on already) in settings > audio. You should be able to change audio_rate_control to “false” in your retroarch.cfg, as well. Let me know if that helps with the crackles.

EDIT: also make sure ‘throttle menu framerate’ setting is on in settings > frame throttle, or else your menu may crank up to 144 fps, which makes it hard to control.

Yeah i have vsync disabled already and audio sync is on by default.

I’ll change audio_rate_control to ‘false’ and see if that helps

Sadly it still happens

If you have Hard GPU Sync ON try turning it OFF or change the “hard GPU sync frames” to 1 or more.

This github issue is pretty much everything we know about RetroArch and Gsync: