Auto Core Detect?

Wasn’t there an option to automatically detect core? I forget to select core or don’t notice that it defaults to the last one I used, select a game and then RetroArch crashes annoyingly. Is there something I can set up to prevent this? It’d be nice if RA would handle this error instead of crashing.

You need the info files to be able to detect cores

Can you please elaborate on this? I tried to find docs somewhere but I couldn’t find anything. What directory should “core info directory” point to, and are the info files downloaded automatically with the cores themselves or do I need to find that somewhere else? After it’s pointing properly will “load content” just automatically know to detect cores or will there be a new menu option? Will I need to do anything to set that up?

Is there a good source of documentation of all these questions? I tried to find any but I was not having any luck.

there is #retroarch on freenode (IRC) Info files are these: http://bot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/info/ and are usually present in our bundles. Those are needed for the (Detect Core) function to work

Where do you place those info files?

in whatever you have set as your core info folder?

Var/mobile/documents/info is the default.

Thank you