Automatically maximise RetroArch launched from Launchbox?

Hello! I just made a new account and tried to search for a similar question but it seems it’s not there.

I’m trying to organize all my games with Launchbox (http://www.launchbox-app.com/) and decided to use RetroArch for all my emulators since it has the same GUI for each and is more organized etc. When I launch the games I would like to have RetroArch start maximized. I would do fullscreen but being able to switch to a different window or open a chat on steam without Alt-Tabbing is kind of important to me. I’ve been trying to get it to start maximized for a few hours now and decided to look for help.

Here is what I’m using in LaunchBox for my emulator settings:

I’ve tried things like changing the application path to a shortcut to RetroArch that launches it maximized automatically but that didn’t work. All it did was maximize the command prompt window for RetroArch.

Are there any solutions? I also have AutoHotKey if that can be used to maximize it on launch but I’m not great at scripting for it. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thank you so much!

There’s option to start maximized, AFAIK, but you can add this to your retroarch.cfg for windowed fullscreen: video_windowed_fullscreen = true

This can lead to vsync issues as Windows’ compositor isn’t always cooperative with applications’ vsync settings, but i believe you’ll be able to use your mouse, etc. without alt-tabbing.