Beetle PSX HW Lag

For some reason that I don’t know of the entire Beetle PSX HW core is lagging for me in general. The issue is mostly solved when I set the internal resolution down to x1, but I want to make the games look higher quality. The weird thing is, I did not have this same problem with older versions of this core, I could originally set the internal resolution to x8 without any issues, so this is a more recent problem. The other weird thing is that, for the most part, I am still able to unthrottle the games, meaning the emulation of the game is holding the FPS back rather than my hardware. So I guess I’m looking for two different answers.

1. What would you suggest to me to fix this?
  2. Can I downgrade my Core, if so, how?

Sounds like you’re using the software renderer rather than one of the hardware renderers. Increasing the internal resolution should have a relatively minor effect on CPU load and should put the load on your GPU instead. If you’re using the OpenGL/Vulkan renderers and still can’t go over 1x, I would suspect your GPU is getting sapped somewhere, possibly shaders…?

Also check your Hard GPU Sync option, which increases resource utilizations.

I double checked just to be sure, I am using the Hardware renderer. I’m not having trouble running any other Emulator or cores, or AAA titles on Steam ether. So I’m pretty positive that my hardware is fine. Also where is the Hard GPU Sync option? I didn’t see it in the options menu. Also, I’m using Vulkan, and I have an AMD card, if that information might be useful.

What kind of lag are you getting? I do have something like a 1sec lag every minutes in games like CTR or crash bandicot (something right before destroying a box) is it that kind of lag or it is much worse for you?

It’s much worse. The games seems to be running at about half the speed or so of the speed that it should run at.

Well, if you want to use an older version of a core, you just have to track it down somewhere or build it yourself because we don’t keep old builds around. You can get any revision you want from the github repo.