Beetle PSX HW Weerd Graphics Problem

I am using the latest version of retroarch and the beetle PSX HW core. I am getting great speed and sound in most games. But, in some games like Lunar the Silver star story complete I am having strange graphics problems as you can see in the screenshot below. I dumped the ISOs myself from my original discs and the games that I am having problems with work great on xebra and EPSXE. So I know the problem is not due to bad dumps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, that can happen with 2D games in particular. It’s a texture tiling issue. Try turning off texture filtering.

Thanks for your help, but I found the solution. I switched from opengl rendering to software for 2D games and it fixed the problem. From now on I will only use opengl for 3D games.

1 Like

I have a question first I apologize for asking here but can’t seem to start a topic my question is I have psx hw have all the correct bios installed is the system folder and all the iso roms are correct but when I load a game I either get a black screen or it say no item is found when I check the core info it says im missing the us,jp,and eu bios but it also shows that their there as well can get help to fix it so I can play my psx games thanks.

Beetle-PSX/-HW can’t load ISO files, only bin/cue, PBP or CHD.

Do you know of a site that has bin and cue roms

Edit: Do not discuss rom sites here, ever. Thanks

We can’t tell you where to get ROMs other than to suggest you dump your own legally purchased games.

Ok thanks for the help