Beetle PSX no longer working iOS 11.4

I really have no idea what’s wrong and little to no knowledge of what I’m doing but while I was underway and unable to change or update anything, Beetle PSX stopped loading any of my roms/ISO’s. PSCX reARMed works on my iPhone but I do not know how to transfer any of my save files or save states ( though I read somewhere you can’t copy save states to different emulators.) since it’s stopped working I’ve reloaded RetroArch, and updated everything I possible could through the RetroArch GUI but to no avail. Any help I can recieve on getting beetle up and running or how to transfer my save files to PSCX reARMed, so I don’t lose all the time I’ve put into some of these games, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Obviously beetle psx should not suddenly stop working. If every game you load just goes to a black screen, then you likely have problems with your bios file(s). In your Retroarch/system folder you must have the three bioses that beetle is looking for. Search for “mednafen bios version” and go to mednafen(beetle) main webpage and confirm your 3 bios files are named properly (all lowercase critical!) and match the published hashes.

If the games themselves don’t show up, or you can’t select the beetle plugin (only pcsx rearmed), then you may have deleted your .cue files? You could have potentially changed the bios path/directory in the retroarch cfg file, make sure it is pointed to the correct folder with the correct bios files.

You ought to be able to get beetle psx working again, if it was working before. However, I just converted saves from Beetle to pcsx rearmed, and luckily it was a breeze. In the retroarch save folder you will find your psx memory card save files. The ones for pcsx rearmed have a slightly different naming convention and have a “.srm” extension, whereas the beetle memory cards are “.mcr”. You may have to create a savefile in pcsx rearmed to get the naming right, but in my case it was “%BIN_NAME%.srm” where %BIN_NAME% is the name of the image file for your game. Just take your existing beetle mcr file and rename it properly and pcsx rearmed will load it! Beetle is garbage compared to pcsx rearmed anyway in terms of performance, even the interpreter version of pcsx rearmed runs faster/smoother than beetle and with the enhanced resolution enabled it looks significantly better than PS1.