Best GBA core

I’m sorry if this question have been asked countless time, did a search function can’t seem to find any.

Anyway as the topic said, what the best GBA core too use for RA. too many to choose from.

Genesis GX Plus can’t seem to find the bios file in system folder after i download them. Is there a specific folder it suppose to be located?

I recommend mGBA. It’s fast and very accurate. It is also the newest GBA core/emulator with steady development and constant improvements.

Genplusgx BIOS files go into ‘system’. If you try to load it as if it were a ROM, does run?

Was it mGBA or VBA-Next that was working on implementing GB/C support? I’m starting to wonder which core I’m using on GBA as well.

It is mGBA.

http://mgba.io/2016/02/13/special-surprise/

last time i used the mGBA core, i had a couple of games crashing on me. The latest standalone doesn’t have these problems. I’m not sure if those fixes exist in the core now. If not then i prefer VBA-M.

I feel mGBA is the most accurate these days but both VBA-M and mGBA have pretty high compatibility (at a guess way over 90%). I’m not sure if it’s a thing but it feels like mGBA is less resource intensive if that is of any interest to you. :slight_smile:

thanks all for the feedback, seem like mgba and vba-m is the one to use. I must say the community here is very very helpful.