Best way updating RA 1.3.0 -> 1.3.2

Hi!

This is my first post, so hi all you retro guys here :slight_smile: I have a question regarding updating from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2: What’s the best way of doing that while keeping all the settings, etc? Can I just extract the .7z archive (1.3.2) into the folder of the existing 1.3.0 installation? Or is there even an in-programm option for that? I’ve seen the “Update assets” entry in the update menu, but I’m not sure if that’s the right thing.

Regards, Matthias

If you already have a working setup, rather than downloading the full 1.3.2 stable package, go to buildbot.libretro.com and get the latest date-stamped nightly for your OS/architecture. It will be super-small and only contain retroarch.exe and retroarch_debug.exe. Go into your existing retroarch folder and backup your old executables (in case you need to revert for whatever reason) and drop the new ones in their place.

That’s it!

Oh, well that’s easier (and more bandwith saving) than I thought. Thanks for the answer (can be closed I guess)!

I downloaded the latest version and copy my retroarch.cfg and subfolders it was cleaner