Bettle hw black screen issue

Hi everyone guys! I have a problem with bettle hw core,basically it works only if I set direct x driver in general retroarch settings. I try to explain myself better … The problem is that I use gl render that is required for emulators like flycasts, then I start bettle, enter in quick menu, I select direct 3d driver and save with the core override. the next time I try to launch bettle I find a black screen. The strange thing is that Retroarch changes the driver from gl to direct 3d (I can see it by entering the quick menu), but it doesn’t boot anyway, black screen and working audio. If I change the general settings of retroarch driver from gl to direct 3d, everything works perfectly. I hope I explained myself and excuse me for my English.

I’ll try to explain as best as I can, as I think I may know what’s going on.

Currently RA doesn’t have a per-core video driver option, it is a global setting. So whatever it is set to when a core loads, that’s the driver it will use. Changing it after loading a core/game does not automatically switch to that driver, since it’s already loaded the driver that was set prior to core/game launch, thus causing the black screen. This used to happen to me when trying to run Parallel64 when changing to the Angrylion renderer and Vulkan video driver before closing/restarting the game.

Many thanks for the reply, I was going crazy! I use retroarch with an arcade cabinet, so I find it difficult to change drivers every time … The only solution is using Rearmed which also works with the gl drivers. Thanks again!