Bezels- pulling my hair out

Ok here we go.

1. I have a perfect matching bezel set.
  2. They are in my retroarch/overlay folder
  3. My config for each core is pointed to said folders for each core for the overlay of said system.
  4. I open retroarch, pointed the overlay folder to the Retroarch/Overlay folder, (systems are all in sub folders inside)
  5. Load core, enable overlay. Already has a default retro pad overlay, that’s fine because the matched set, and the config should auto override this.
  6. Load game, the preset overlay loads, the matched overlay will not load, I have to select it manually. Very frustrating, I know the cfg should be pointed correctly in the picture, and the overlay is a matched set to the rom. Please help!

I can go into file browser and see them all there fine. I love RA but this bezel thing is frustrating . What am I doing wrong, I’ve done everything correct ?!

are your overlays in the right place and loading properly? This information should show up in a log.

Yes I believe so , pics below. Now my systems are in sub folders in the “overlays” folder it’s pointing to, do I have to move those into the root “overlay” folder? Or will it scan sub folders inside the root?

I can confirm the configs for each core are pointed to the correct sub folder for each system and the hierarchy is correct.

crap, sorry, I meant “overrides”, not “overlays,” which indeed seem to be fine, based on the override text you showed.

Are your overrides in the correct location and loading properly?

I told him about overrides nearly a week ago.

He didn’t want to believe me. Sorry TheNoob, I see no way around this. Sometimes you just have to put in the work if you want what you want.

I don’t use Android but are you sure thebezelproject can’t make the overrides on Android? It does this automatically for you on PC so I don’t see why it wouldn’t do the same.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately RetroArch has no mechanism for auto-loading overlays/bezels/artwork built in. It has to be done through the override system.

Hey I was thinking, maybe you can run this installer on a Windows PC RA install:

Then copy all the overrides it creates from it to your Android??? Worth a shot.