Big confusion between Load and Save remap file in french translation

Hi,

I don’t really know where to report translation-related issues, but there is a BIG confusion in the french translation of “Save core remap file” and “Save game remap file” (in the “Controls” menu once you load a core), where “save” in both cases is translated to “Load”. It is a problem, because it means the exact opposite of what the option is doing.

Just thought you guys might want to know that.

Ah, many thanks for spotting that! Could I trouble you to send a PR with a fix?

The translations are all supplied by random internet dudes (except for the handful of languages covered directly by the team), so this sort of thing was inevitable, I guess. We’ve discussed implementing some sort of sanity check using Google Translate (e.g., to make sure no one submits a “translation” that’s just a bunch of Yo Mama jokes) but it hasn’t happened yet (and probably won’t ever, tbh).

Hmm, I don’t know what a PR is.

The fix is to translate “Save core remap file” to “Sauvegarder un fichier de remap de coeur” instead of “Charger un fichier remap de coeur”, and translate “Save game remap file” to “Sauvegarder un fichier de remap de contenu” (instead of “Charger un fichier de remap de contenu”).

There are many things that are badly translated to french or even not translated at all, I would be glad to help if you will. I’m not a developper but at least I can do that. :slight_smile:

Does this look right?

This file contains all of the French translations for the menu strings. If you spot any other problems, just find the line and tell me what it should be changed to and I’ll handle the rest :slight_smile:

for example: “line 1022 should be “Beau Mec”) instead of “Développeur”)” j/k but you get the idea :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes the bug report looks fine.

I’ll look at the file.