Big disappointment with RetroArch Android ! Why so many bugs ?!

Good morning all !

I am very very disappointed with the versions for Android there are a lot of bugs, I will list those I have encountered:

1. COMMODORE 64 (vice x64 libretro): there is no virtual keyboard = impossible to launch a game
  2. Game & Watch (gw libretro): the core does not work at all = impossible to launch a game
  3. NEC PC-9801 (np2kai libretro): hard disks are not recognized = cannot launch a game
  4. Spectravideo (bluemsx libretro): there is no virtual keyboard = impossible to launch a game
  5. Thomson TO8 (theodore libretro): games on the SD card are not recognized

I find that there are a lot of bugs ? Especially since the PC version works perfectly ? Why don’t developers test Android versions before releasing them ?

Thanks best regards !

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you’re disappointed in the free thing we work hard to give you.

1. there’s a keyboard overlay
  2. yeah, there’s a dumb bug that was introduced a few months ago. I put in a PR to revert the offending commit, so we’ll see.
  3. can you see them in the file browser? If not, can you go to settings > file browser and disable extension filtering?
  4. see #1
  5. This is pretty normal for Android, as part of Google’s silly security policies. Try it from internal storage.
2 Likes

Hello thank you for your answers

No I really appreciate the free RetroArch but I really find it a shame that the Android version is not the same support as the PC version… why bugs on the Android version & not the PC version ?

1. there’s a keyboard overlay

OK but how to activate it ? Select + Start does not work…

1. can you see them in the file browser ?

I did not understand which browser you are talking about ?

Greetings

quick menu > onscreen overlay

“file browser” just refers to the normal file-picking dialog.

android,Why can’t install core now?