BIOS for Sega CD and PC-Engine CD

I have had no luck getting either to play any games, I don’t think it’s the game ISO’s because they play fine on my computer. I’m thinking it is possibly because of the BIOS needed for them. I am not quite sure if I need all bios, and the proper location to place them. Do I need all the BIOS? For Sega CD I only have “bios_CD_U.bin”. And for PCE I only have “syscard3.pce”.

As for their location, I placed them in “/var/mobile/Documents/RetroArch”. When I load a game ISO or CUE, nothing happens and sometimes I get the error “failed to load content”. Also when I go to the core info in the option, it says the BIOS is present.

All I’m doing is loading the core, then choosing the game ISO I want to play. Is there an extra step for CD based systems that I’m not doing? Like loading the BIOS files first then loading the game ISO?

I can’t figure it out, any tips on how I might be able to get them working is appreciated.

As long as the BIOS are being detected, you should be all set in that respect. For syscard3.pce, I previously had to put them alongside the ROM image. I’m not sure if that’s still the case or not. Check to make sure your permissions are okay on all of the files you’re trying to load, including the BIOS.

Changed permission to read, write, and execute on all BIOS, cue, ISO, and folders and still no luck. I’ll try other game ISO when I can, maybe the game ISO I’m trying is the problem.

I’m kinda getting somewhere, I think I just have to find the right BIOS. Got Sega CD working, trying to find right bios for PCE CD now. The only weird thing I’m running into now is that if I load an ISO file it works, but if I load a cue file it doesn’t work. And that’s happening to both Sega CD and PC Engine CD. Is that normal?

Thanks for the help.