Black screen all cores with OpenGL after add NVidia GPU and 4K TV

How about this weird msg : " Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames."

That’s normal. It takes at least 4096 frames to get an accurate estimate of the host monitor’s refresh rate, so if you close out before that time (which appears to be roughly 60 seconds), it’s not able to complete the process and it coughs up that error.

That’s wired. The only thing that I change was my Video Card. :frowning:

You said you’ve reinstalled Windows. Did you reinstall RetroArch from scratch, as well?

Yep ! I downloaded the version 1.7.7 and reinstall all cores.

Ok, the next steps I would suggest would be downloading a nightly build and/or trying the glcore video driver.

I’ve tried already and didn’t work ! When I got home, I am going to try old video card drivers.

Use the software DDU, it will completely remove your old video card driver, then reinstall the newest version for your card.

I did exactly what you recommend . Didn’t work…:frowning: I don’t know what going on…

@Xcomp666 do you hear any sound during the black screen? If so, and assuming you don’t have any shaders loaded, check maybe in Windows the graphic card settings and the screen resolution/settings.

@hunterk, just thinking out loud; would installing directx or a vc redist would help in any way?

1 Like

It might not help, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt. It’s worth a shot, for sure.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

So, No sound and I am not loading any shaders. I just installed the Directx 9.xx that comes in Retroarch 1.7.7 bundle. Should I try a different one ? Any recommendations?

I am using exactly this resolution below: Nvidia driver : 431.60 WHQL

Which video driver do you have selected inside the RA Settings?

Input: dinput Video: gl ( Tested already with Vulkan, glcore, gl1 and doesn’t work)

Maybe try running Wndows in Safe Mode, see if that makes any difference. If so, then for sure its something related to the new drivers or hardware you got. Besides this, I am out of ideas :s Sorry man.

1 Like

something weird that I noticed today. I am not able to open retroarch using remote desktop anymore. I getting Error: wglCreateContextAttribsARB not supported

Check this topic, it tells you the solution for the wglCreateContextAttribsARB:

If you had an Intel GPU before the new card, it seems that something is still getting in the way and creating conflict.

You 100% sure it is a new Windows installation, and a new Retroarch installation (different main folder and all?).

All new ! Windows Installation + new Video card + New Retroarch Installation

Then I don’t know. Sorry. Hope somebody else chimes in with a possible solution.

1 Like