Black screen on mupen64

Hi guys, curious if this is a problem with my set up or what.

I’m running crtemudriver on Win7 with an old Radeon 4650 card connected to a CRT. Every core works great, but Mupen I get a black screen with sound. I have verified that it is not loading an incompatible shader upon boot and have turned on hardware context sharing I think it’s called?

Is this card’s gl support too old? Because that’s the only thing I could think of. Stand alone n64 emus work fine but I want to use RA as it is very CRT friendly.

Thoughts?

Yeah, probably lacking high enough GL. Can your PC use the angrylion plugin? If so, that should look pretty perfect on a CRT.

I’m not sure…it’s an i5 2400 and I know even the threaded version is heavy hitting.

But… I have had 0 trouble with mednafen Saturn and that supposedly required a decent quad core so maybe I can. Will try.

Thankyou for the reply

Hey what is the minimum gl version the mupen64 core supports?

I forgot I have a Radeon 6570 card laying around that has OpenGL 4.0 support. I might swap the cards, the 6570 is faster anyway but especially if I can use the mupen64 core. I want to keep things uniform as much as possible here.

I think it’s 3.3 or something like that. 4.0 should be plenty.