Black screenshots on nightly Metal macOS builds, please help!

Hi everyone, RetroArch noob here! =D I’ve been trying several nightly Metal builds on my iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) and when I try saving screenshots (tested with various NES, Game Boy and Neo Geo cores) I only get black PNGs. I’m probably doing something wrong, so I’d like to get help. =) Thanks in advance!

Just downloaded the latest Metal nightly build, still black screenshots. Can anybody help, please? Thanks! =)

Tried the latest stable versions and the subsequent nightly versions and I still get black screenshots. =( I’m definitely doing something wrong, I think, maybe with permissions or something like that. Can anybody help, please? =)

What version of MacOS are you using?

If you’re using macOS Catalina, try changing the default screenshot storage location to a location outside of your home folder. For example, try saving directly to a flash drive, etc.

I’ve had trouble with RetroArch accessing data in my home folder under Catalina.

In general, try to be more descriptive about your setup. Saying that it is an iMac, and that you are on the latest RetroArch is a good start, but some of the “helpful folks” on forums get tired of saying, “please be more specific” to every newbie that comes along.

1 Like

Hi there and thank you very much for your reply! =) You’re right, of course, and I missed some very important info: I’m currently on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Thanks again! =)