Bliss-Box and Retroarch

I’m thinking about getting a Bliss-Box, but I’m concerned with how well it works with RetroArch. I currently have a bunch of Mayflash USB adapters. An issue with them is that a few have the same product and vendor IDs. I can’t use them together since binding the buttons on the controller with one adapter messes up the binds on the other controllers. The Bliss-Box is one device with multiple controller attachments. My concern is that RetroArch will recognize it as a single device and the button configurations will be messed up each time I switch to a new controller. I’m hoping someone has experience with the Bliss-Box and can explain how it works, Does the Bliss-Box do something to uniquely identify each controller?

Hi there. I already have a bliss-box adapter and I love it.

No, the adapter port names will not change depending on what pad is currently connected. If I understand correctly, those id’s are quite expensive which is why the different mayflashs also appear with the same id/name (n64/snes for example… or what it gamecube? I forgot ^^ They keep getting mixed up in xpadder, right?) Currently you need to configure cores with a different layout then snes/psx differently from the rest, but I just now talked to the creator of bliss-box about making a special libretro firmware that maps all the pads you can use on a bliss-box (so everything, basically) to the corresponding retropad interpretation. He said he might do it if enough people are interested so please help me out and vote here: https://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7731

I own one, two thing i wanted to point out on linux you need to change retroarches control driver to linux raw to get it to work. Also you either have to remap everytime you use a different type of controller or map controller per core such as a snes pad on a snes core.

I posted on the Bliss-Box forum and was referred to this page: https://www.facebook.com/4playfix/?ref=bookmarks. It’s an unofficial firmware fix that allows the 4-Play to be recognized as four seperate ports. My issue is that using the Bliss-Box means swapping out adapters in just the 4-Play (as opposed to using a different adapter for each console like with the Mayflash adapters). Like you said, Bliss-Box may not be configuring the buttons the same as the Retropad.

To fix the issue with Mayflash adapters having the same ID, I used seperate core configurations and turned off auto-config. I use LaunchBox, so it’s easy to launch RetroArch with different configurations. But then I ran into another issue. The Mayflash adapters have two ports, but only one port was recognized by RetroArch (on Windows 10) unless I made an auto-config for the adapter. That brought back the original problem. So I ended up using adapters from different companies or emulators other than RetroArch for certain consoles. I’m concerned that I’ll have the same issues with the 4-Play, where not using auto-config will cause only one port to be recognized rather than all four, but auto-config means I have to keep rebinding the buttons when I switch cores.

I voted in your poll. Hopefully it’s implemented.