Bliss-box support

I see Bliss-box support has been added recently, though could someone please explain exactly what I need to do to get this to work? I have a Bliss-box, updated to the latest firmware, and I also have the latest nightly build of Retroarch for Windows 10. However, when I connect my Bliss-box, insert a controller, hit the reset button for that port, I only get the message “4-PLAY PORT.1 (5840/3332) Not Configured” (and the same for each of the other 3 ports). From what I gather from speaking to the developer of Bliss-box, RetroArch should now be able to automatically detect which controller I’m using (by using the Bliss-box API) but this is definitely not working for me. I’ve attached my log file in case it helps: https://pastebin.com/XAKVmifv

Seriously? Not one person has replied to this yet? It’s been three weeks, guys. C’mon.

Try plugging the controller into the port of the Bliss Box you’re gonna use before plugging in the Bliss Box into your computer. I know the reset button emulates this, but nothing hurts in trying this out.

wow I have to agree, such an easy answer too? Anyways…

First right off the bat the paste bin says “Version: 1.6.9” … and the blog says "RetroArch now has native support for the Bliss-Box 4-Play…This support will be included in the upcoming stable release (1.7.0). "

Second. If you see “4-PLAY PORT.1 (5840/3332) Not Configured” you do not have the latest RA code. That simple. The new code does not append the player at the end. So if this was the correct build it would say "4-PLAY PORT ATARI (5840/3332) Not Configured” if no controller is plugged in or “4-PLAY PORT SNES (5840/3332) Not Configured” if a SNES controller was plugged in.

FYI: A little tid-bit RA does not use. If you programmed things correctly with the API You will see 3332-3335 this tells you you are at the right version of the 4-play and that the players were set up. As you can see from the paste bin you have that correct. but the version is wrong “Version: 1.6.9” You need 1.7.0

5840/3332 version 2.0 This is player 1

5840/3333 version 2.0 This is player 2

5840/3334 version 2.0 This is player 3

5840/3335 version 2.0 This is player 4

There was no immediate need to take advantage of the players in RA but this is one way to know. The API tool sets the players and it is clear you did this already.

Oh one last thing I just learned. If you downloaded the RA “xp or later” version you will get this issue. Apparently only the win 10/8/7 version has the Bliss-Box support in it. Not sure on the full details as why but I think they just have not been tested.

1 Like