blueMSX & IDE Hard Drives

I’m trying to load a hard drive file (with Snatcher on it) into the blueMSX core anybody know how to do that or if it’s even possible (the stand alone exe can do it). For those who don’t know the MSX had this cartridge called a Sunrise ATA-IDE Interface and you attached a hard drive to that cartridge. Since Snatcher also uses the SCC cartridge (for sound) that would mean you would need two cartridges inserted at the same and since the core only has an option for 1 slot that makes me question if it even possible to do this. Again the stand alone exe can do all this if you know what to do, was not easy figuring all this out old Japanese PC are weird.

I’m waiting for an answer too. But people who knows MSX are not known by their willing to share information… :frowning:

This is the worst guide!

Bluemsx core not implements /ide1primary argument so is not possible load hard drive.

I tested and it works with a very little source modification. Basically, on libretro.c assuming hdd file if starts with “IDE_”, obviously is necessary configure a machine with sunriseide rom.

I hope programmers will include it someday.

case MEDIA_TYPE_DISK:              
             ide_strstr = strstr(info->path, "IDE_");
             if (ide_strstr != NULL)          
                insertDiskette(properties, diskGetHdDriveId(2, 0), info->path, NULL, -1);	                    
             else {