Bluetooth Control Issues

I recently have problems with the controls on LG G2. I connected my iPega 9017 to the phone and at first, it would register the buttons at the startup of RetroArch, but when I start the game, the control doesn’t respond except the overlay. I also used the latest stable version and recent nightly version installed respectively. I never had any problems with Bungbungame Miss 4.2 with bluetooth. For LG G2, it works on other apps besides Retroarch. When the game starts up, it does show “Bluetooth Controller” in the input bind settings, but it doesn’t seem to work and they don’t function. I also tries every core I have and deleted the config file a few times and tried resetting it.

Hi,

Have you tried the nightly from today?

There was a similar problem from someone else using a keyboard. I assume that the buttons on your phone are also detected as a keyboard. A fix to this was done last night, which should hopefully solve it. Please try the latest nightly, if you haven’t.

I used the one today. It still didn’t work after loading a game. The iPega was set to joystick mode which works on most apps I use. It does only work on the menu at startup and I also save the config after rebind the controls. Even the menu during the game doesn’t work either.

Did it work in Retroarch before 1.3 was released?

Yeah, and I never had any problems like this. 1.2.2 was the last one that worked with the bluetooth control on LG G2 on the fifth android firmware. On my Bungbungame Miss tablet with firmware 4.2, it worked for any recent versions. I didn’t add anything special to Bluetooth for any systems.

Just so that I am sure I understand the issue: Do you mean that the iPega 9017 is actually working with the newest versions of Retroarch on the Bungbungame Miss? So it’s not a problem with the iPega itself but the problem is the combination of the iPega and the LG G2?

On the LG G2, have you tested the other modes of the controller besides joystick? If you do test the other modes, you might need to reconfigure the keys you’ve setup in Retroarch.

I will try testing Retroarch in other modes, but it will take out the analog controls. It works on the rest of the apps and emulators I have like PPSSPP, Dosbox, and Doom Touch. Also, Bluez IME doesn t seem to work on LG G2 with HID drivers, but I could test other versions. I usually have minor problem with the phone’s bluetooth since it has a slight delay compared to Miss. Also, the phone is stock. I’ll see if other options work.

Does the iPega 9017 work fine on the Miss with the newest version of Retroarch?

It does with joystick, and it’s actually 4.1. I heard stories that later versions of the firmware has changed Bluetooth, and my LG G2 doesn’t work with Bluez IME. However, the Bluetooth auto connect helps with the delay compared to the native Bluetooth settings.

The iPega 9017 white works with Retroarch in Keyboard mode, but I had to remove most of the hotkeys because it was conflicting with the binds, and the config file was an inorder mess to find the hotkeys in the phone. The rest of the apps I have on the phone works with the joystick.

This is odd, but when I load a game in Retroarch in Joystick mode, the control doesn’t function the program unlike 1.2.2. The odd part is when I press home and disconnect and reconnect the control, and go back to Retroarch with the game still on, then it works perfectly, unless if you decide to load another game and do that progress again.