It’s been a while since I’ve used RetroArch on my Android phone (was actually a different phone back then). It used to work fine in combination with my iPega PG-9017 controller. Now, I am having problems as soon as I start a core.
I have debugged RetroArch with gdb in the past and sent a few pull requests to improve support for this controller, but I wanted to know if it’s something others know about before I went down that path.
Here’s what happens.
- I start RetroArch after a fresh install, with my controller turned on and paired to my phone.
- I press a button on the controller. RetroArch displays that it has detected the controller in yellow text at the bottom, but the buttons don’t do anything yet.
- I can then go into the input settings and bind all the buttons. I then save the autoconfig settings (which I could contribute eventually).
- The buttons work in the RetroArch menu.
- I start a ROM with any core (I’ve tried SNES9x, FCEUmm, PCSX ReARMed, Genesis Plus GX) and the controller buttons stop doing anything. They don’t work in the game, and if I go back to the quick menu, they still don’t work.
- Even if I close the game and go back to the main RetroArch menu, the controller buttons still do nothing.
- If I kill and restart RetroArch, the controller buttons work again. But they will only work in the menu until I start a game with any core again (loop to 5)
It’s as if the native code portion of RetroArch was borking up the controller setup for the whole app.
Has anyone else seen this? Any workaround?
Thanks in advance.