Bluetooth controllers on 1.3

First off great release and thank you so much for doing all these.

Everything works great but just can’t get any Bluetooth controller to work for me, I’ve tried both Wii mote controllers and NES30 (keyboard mode). Both of these controllers worked previously on retroarch 1.0.0.2. Anyone out there had any luck getting these controllers to work with the new retroarch 1.3

By the way I was using Retroacrh 1.0.0.2 before this. I skipped Retroarch 1.2 and just updated the nightly cores that seemed stable.

Also running iOS 7 on a jaIlbroken ipad 3rd generation. Also have the latest versions of BTstack and Controllers for All installed.

Is there a proper chronological steps I should be doing to get the controllers to sync? And do I have to uninstall/install jailbreak tweaks like BTstack and Controllers For All?

Same issue here. JB with TaiG on 8.3. I can get retroarch to give me the notification that it connected to my Dualshock 3, but it won’t register any controller actions. In RA 1.0.0.1 there was a prepopulated profile for the 6 axis (can’t find any reference to blueotooth controllers in any of the 1.3 menus).

Had time to play around with it and got Wiimote controllers to work. It was due to BTstack, apparently the latest version have bugs and problems causing certain controllers to work. I’m on iOS 7 and read somewhere to try to downgrade BTstack and that did the trick. I think i went from version 1.0 something to version 0.8 something.

I’m a boob. First I had some incompatibility issues with libstatusbar when installing BTstack. Once I ironed that out and actually read the documentation of the Libretro site for binding keys, it works just fine. Haven’t tried out the right analog stick yet, but just glad I figured it out.

Hey Creaseface can you point me a link to biding documentation? I want to read up on the proper way of biding keys. Thanks!

Hey, try this: http://www.libretro.com/index.php/getting-started-with-retroarch/#more-44582 It’s about half way down the page. The part I missed was that RA will automatically tell you which buttons to press:

With that in mind let’s bind the buttons:

Go to settings (the gear icon to the right) Go to input Select User 1 Bind All Press the buttons as the program asks for them

I still can’t get the right analog stick to work properly though.