Bluetooth keyboard and input binding

I am new to RetroArch. I installed ver1.8.2 in Shield TV 2017 with latest firmware and Pixel 4. I use Logitech bluetooth keyboard K375 with Pixel 4 and Logitech Harmony Elite remote (as a bluetooth keyboard) with Shield TV and found that all bluetooth keyboards are not working in RetroArch’s menu.

RetroArch detected Logitech K375 of Pixel 4 with the message “Android Gamepad (1133/45900) not configured, using fallback.”. I tried to set up input binding, but RetroArch detects nothing when key pressing. And then I created a new directory for autoconfig and set the autoconfig directory to it and downloaded profiles. Then, I modified nvec_keyboard.cfg with input_device = “Keyboard K370/K375” and saved to a new file in that directory. Restart RetroArch and it’s working.

So strange. When I try to set up input binding, why RetroArch can’t detect the key pressing?! And It may be better that when RetroArch detects a bluetooth keyboard, it will use the generic keyboard profile automatically.

Sorry for my bad english :stuck_out_tongue:

Android doesn’t really give us the tools to determine what’s a keyboard and what’s a gamepad. That is, it often reports keyboards as gamepads.

For android honestly u are better off going on amazon or Ebay for the old logitech discontinued keyboards…I have an old one that works in mame, dos, scummvm, and retroarch itself…these new updated keyboards always act as a gamepad…but the very old more simple keyboards worked on android as keyboards

1 Like

I have Flirc which can act as a USB keyboard for Logitech Harmony. Just curious why. Thanks a lot.