Blurry picture and most shaders don't work

You can see here that everything is blurry. It seems to clear up if I turn on a shader pass with no shader loaded as seen here. Why is it so blurry?

Also, most of the shaders I try (the ones I care about trying) don’t do anything to the picture. For example, the xbr filters do nothing in 1.3.4 but they worked for me in 1.3.

looks like the video_smooth option. video > HW blinear filterering - set to off

[QUOTE=dankcushions;39725]looks like the video_smooth option. video > HW blinear filterering - set to off[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Solved one problem. :slight_smile:

If you can get us a log (retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose) from when you try to load a shader, it should tell us why they’re not working for you.

http://pastebin.com/nJBwgZH0

filestream_read_file: Failed to open C:\Users\...\Desktop\retroarch 1.3.4\shaders\shaders_glsl\xbr\shaders/xbr-mlv4-multipass/xbr-mlv4-pass3.glsl: No such file or directory

^^That’s the problem. It’s missing a shader file that the preset is looking for.

The first thing to do would be to go into the online updater and update your shaders. If it still gives you the same error, let us know.

Is there a reason you’re using GLSL shaders instead of Cg?

[QUOTE=hunterk;39745]

filestream_read_file: Failed to open C:\Users\...\Desktop\retroarch 1.3.4\shaders\shaders_glsl\xbr\shaders/xbr-mlv4-multipass/xbr-mlv4-pass3.glsl: No such file or directory

^^That’s the problem. It’s missing a shader file that the preset is looking for.

The first thing to do would be to go into the online updater and update your shaders. If it still gives you the same error, let us know.

Is there a reason you’re using GLSL shaders instead of Cg?[/QUOTE]

I’ve already used the online updater and downloaded directly from the site. And there’s no reason for me using GLSL. I just switch between them to see if one or the other works.

For that shader, the Cg version works for me but not the GLSL version.

http://pastebin.com/iMsJCd1m

That’s been fixed in the nightlies. If you can replace your retroarch.exe and retroarch_debug.exe with one of the date-stamped nightlies, it should get you fixed up.

Yup. Thanks. :slight_smile: