Boot Cores Without R.O.M.'s Or Disks

I know several systems like the Playstation & Gamecube, among others, allow you to boot into the system without a disk and change system settings and what not. This also enabled you to manage your memory cards. Since I’m using the Shared Memory card function of the Playstation core it would be nice to get into this menu and manage my memory cards. The thing is I cannot figure out how to do this. Can anyone shed some light on how it’s done or if it cannot be done, the pSx emulator could do it, how does one manage their Shared Memory Cards?

Load some content, then go back to the quick menu > disk control > disk cycle tray status. It will pop up an OSD message about the tray being open. Back out of that menu > Restart. It should take you into the BIOS menu where you can manage your memory card.

When you’re finished, go back to the disk control menu and cycle the status again. Restart or close content.

Thank you so much! I had a feeling it had something to do with those disk controls. Will this method work for other cores that have similar functionality?

Maybe. If not, you can try loading the BIOS files as if they were a normal game.

Yeah I tried that and the Playstation core did’t come up. But hopefully you’re method will work. Thanks again- I was really going nuts trying to figure it out!