Boot NeoGeo games straight into AES mode

I’m struggling to find a way to load games directly into AES mode. Any ideas on MAME ini’ file setup for this?

Straight from load content not through any 3rd party launcher

If you use FBA instead of MAME core, you can set AES mode in quick menu/options, it should always load NEO GEO games in AES mode.

Be careful though, some neogeo games don’t support specific mode/bios. If i remember correctly, fba also support some neogeo homebrews/hacks MAME don’t.

I use Unibios by putting a neogeo.ini with

in RetroArch\system\mame\ini.

I see some people mentioning they used mess aes -cart samsho before. So perhaps if you go the software list way you can achieve that. (copy Mame hash in RetroArch\system\mame\hash then get the software list roms)

That’s how I have tried it (neogeo.ini with unibios32 line)

But it wasn’t seeming to save the mode=console selection and kept defaulting back to arcade mode.

It was late and I was rushing. I will try again tonight with more of a process.

I would like to test it with MAME to see if it’s a bug that’s preventing the mode being saved.

But I may use FBA as suggested after I figure out if MAME is the issue

Unibios in Mame always ask for your choice and default back I think.

I will have to check. I was testing it on pc first and was sure it remembered the setting between launches and different roms

Got this running ok now. I used MAME .181 for aes and 2016 .174 for mvs in the end.

I may swap over the FBA when I get to that system.

Looks like every game defaults to arcade mode at 1st launch but once it’s changed to console mode it saves it for further launches