Border overlays on nightlies?

I was wondering how I would be able to use border overlays on the nightly builds of RetroArch Wii? I would love to be able to play GBA games with borders, but the overlays tend to overlap the game screen, and changing the custom ratio results in the overlay moving with the screen. Is there some way to be able to see all of the screen while still showing the border overlay?

On Wii, the overlays are lacking support for the “fullscreen” option, which allows them to extend beyond the game window. This makes them unsuitable for borders, unfortunately. It’s a known issue, and hopefully something we can correct, it’s just not the top priority at the moment.

So I found a way to somewhat have borders on GBA games. What I did was I set the Overlay Opacity to 1.00 and the Overlay Scale 1.41 (feel free to change this to whatever will show your entire screen around the border). And then I changed the Custom Ratio so that the game and border will all fit in the screen. Unfortunately, it appears that the July 5th nightly for RetroArch Wii does not save video settings, as I have to readjust the custom ratio whenever I change games.