Borderless Windows Fullscreen vs. True Fullscreen

Hi! I just solved a problem in RetroArch that’s been plaguing me for months. I could never get true fullscreen to work; only windowed fullscreen. When i would diable windowed fullscreen and launch true fullscreen, it would change the resolution on my TV to 1280720 and only a part of the image/screen would be shown, albeit blown up. (TV is 19201080 BTW)…

Anyways, a happy accident occurred when I disabled Windows Aero on the desktop and true fullscreen works again. I also noticed that most CRT shaders look better than they have been for me (again, I could never figure out why the CRT shaders didn’t look as good as they used to for me; I figured it was when RetroArch started using user configurable parameters and this is how shaders look now). Also, I’m able to adjust the internal resolution in PSP and N64 now; that never worked for me…

My question is, whats the benefit of using True Fullscreen vs Windowed Fullscreen? Any shader that uses scanlines looks better even with integer scaling off in true fullscreen. I could never get CRT Royale to look right, even with integer scaling on using borderless fullscreen…

So, if anyone comes across this thread and is having problems enabling true fullscreen in Windows 7, it’s probably because you need to disable Aero…