Boxart for iOS?

Is there a way to add boxart for roms on RetroArch for iOS? I tried googling to see and didn’t come up with much results. Just results for the pc/Mac versions. I’d like to have boxart for my games on iOS if it’s possible.

Does anyone know if you can? If so, can you share how to do it.

Thanks!

It should act the same on iOS. That is, put them in the directory for boxart/thumbs as specified in settings > directory and then make sure the images have the same name as the content.

I am afraid I still don’t really know how to do this.

I am not super familiar with RA on iOS. For example when I add Roms I open iTunes, go to file sharing, and then the RA app and drop the Roms there.

However, isn’t there a better option/way to organize all roms by system? I dont really understand the file structure for iOS which leads me into I dont really understand where or how I am adding box art.

Can anyone help? Is there like a full extensive guide for RA on iOS?

hey just wanted to chime in because I was on my Android and noticed box art is downloaded automatically if you scan directories and I noticed iOS doesn’t populate the RetroArch/thumbnails directory so I manually copied the files from my Android in and verified the directory in settings to point there and nothing (even after restarting the app)

There is something wonky going on with permissions (I assume due to iOS sandboxing) that some features are available. I really would love this too!

Let me know if there are any easy ways to step through RetroArch on iOS in a debugger and see exactly what it is doing when it gets to code loading thumbnails.

I’m a complete noob when it comes debugging in Xcode and I’m willing to learn if someone can point the way!