Brazilian Portuguese Translations

Hi, i know that we have a portuguese translation in RetroArch, but i see that some texts aren’t translated and i would like to help to give a full translation for portuguese speakers. How could i help?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

The easiest way is to make an account on github if you don’t already have one, then go to the RetroArch repo and fork it to your own account using the little ‘fork’ button up in the upper-right of the browser window.

Once you’re in your local fork, the language files are stored in intl/msg_hash_[language abbreviation].h. You can use github’s web-based editor to make your updates and then save them into a commit. Once it’s ready to submit, go to your repo’s front page and look for the tab labeled “Pull Requests”. Click the big green button labled “Create Pull Request” and it will bundle up your changes and submit them to us for approval.

I will do it. Thank you Hunterk.

I have a doubt. The word “Core” and “Cores” needs to be translated?

Thank you.

That’s a good question. If you can think of a good translation, conceptually, then yeah. I think the French translation uses something like “couer”. If you can’t find a good fit (that is, the direct translation doesn’t make sense in the context of a native speaker), leaving it untranslated is fine, too.

Understood. I made this questions because “core” means “núcleo” and “cores” means “núcleos” in portuguese. But ok, i will translate it too. Thank you for fast response.

mcrisostomo, ‘Core’ é bem mais conhecido do que ‘Núcleo’. Esse negócio de traduzir tudo não é coisa de português de Portugal?

Então cara, é que eu tô seguindo as regras de tradução utilizadas na Steam por exemplo: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1XJ6dwdDPFISgDv0jm29p5vlfOoM2bjGUrH2stv_FAEg

E como lá eles tem regras definidas para cada tipo de palavra, resolvi seguir este guia.

A minha dúvida quanto a palavra Core foi exatamente por causa do plural da mesma (Cores) que no nosso português brasileiro é o plural de cor. E sim, eu concordo com você que “Core” é bem mais conhecido pelos usuários do RetroArch do que a sua tradução direta “Núcleo”, tanto que isso poderia causar um nó na cabeça de quem já está usando a plataforma.

O que eu estou usando neste caso é: Tanto para “Core” quanto para “Cores”, eu estou usando o termo “Core” no singular mesmo para não causar confusão.

Abraços.

hunterk, i would like to suggest something cool for RetroArch’s translations. Have you ever heared about Transiflex?

Take a look and i think that will be good for manage all localizations from RetroArch and Lakka.

Thank you.

1 Like

“Cores” não aparece em muitos lugares da interface, então acho que não há problema. :slight_smile:

Então cara, por isso que eu pretendo deixar tudo como ‘Core’ pra não causar confusão com os novos usuários.

Eu decidi também não traduzir algumas funções como rewind (rebobinar), fast-forward (avanço rápido) e netplay (jogo em rede).

Se tiver sugestão de alguma função que deve ser mantida com o nome original, por favor me avise.

Abraços.

1 Like

Fala rapá! Curti a iniciativa! Quero fazer um update brazuca pro PocketGo s30 e essa tradução pro retroarch seria muito bem vinda! Já ta no seu github?