brokenArch - stable cores repo [armv-7a]

Hi,

I m tired of these core crashes. When i turn my device on, in the evening, i would like play some old glories, but my screen is flooded with RA crash reports!

The funny thing is that the stable build uses the nightly cores builds, so you can safely open a directory or change a setting, but you will probably not be able to play all your games :slight_smile:

There s no user-friendly or quick way to downgrade a core and there are no stable builds.

This repo is an attempt to fill this hole

NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED CORES. DO NOT OPEN NEW ISSUES OR REPORT BUGS IF YOU USE THIS URL

ARM-V7A ONLY

change your buildbot url to brokenarch.altervista.org/cores/armv7a

if you want to manually download a core: http://brokenarch.altervista.org/cores/ (plain text)

Last build: 16-06-18 Status: up to date.

QA:

Q: I want [insert Arch here ] stable cores!
A: Ok, compile them and send me a zip with all the cores. I'll add them.

Q: [ insert core name here ] is missing in this repo!
A:  A few cores does not compile with ndk 11 (text relocation error) and i  probably forgot to fix it. Please reply here, it will be added asap.

Does The pcsx core fix the crashing while resetting issue?

Carl, could you tell us what cores exactly are you having problem? I have many cores here, all them works well (well, I did not update PCSX ReARMed because I know it’s buggy in the latest commit).

Btw, what’s your device? What’s the Android version?

[QUOTE=carl;40764]shield k1 - 6.0.1 all the nvidia apps are disabled my only app is RA, so i should have enough ram and cpu to run every core at full speed

CHIP-8 - crash when you load a rom CaveStory - random crashes desmume - CPU mode -> JIT, resume, crash! n64 - aspect ratio -> widescreen, glitches n64 - reset game, resume, RA freeze! (you have to kill the app) n64 - low framerate on shield k1? dyn_recompiler, hw_bilinear off, gfx medium etc
, still low framerate ?? (ex. dony kong, yoshis stories, zelda) n64 - no joypad ppsspp - ratchet & clank and probably other games. Ex. long jump: l1+r1+x
oops, only the first button is recognized. fine with ppsspp-git 16-06-06. any core, even the app itself - keyboard overlay: shift+ [ a letter/symbol here ] does nothing. the infamous pcsx - well, it still broken. You could just revert the changes the infamous pcsx - reboot game, crash! It s not related to multitap. genesys plus gx - i m not able to start a game, stuck in the bios screen. working fine with picodrive. emux sega master system - load rom, crash! working on picodrive and plus gx craft - load, start, crash! emux gameboy - load rom, crash! snes - toooo many snes cores here, i m confused! Anyway, snes9x is sluggish on some games (still on k1), you can try timon and pumba jungle games. gba cores - i m not able to load my saves. i extracted rom+save from my cartbridge so they are .sav. rom and .sav have the same name. the .sav is in [save dir]/[core name]/romName.sav i also tried to move my save in the rom directory. it does work like so on pc, psp, ps vita and 3ds with standalone emulators. auto save/load is off

and many more but i don’t remember all of them right now

Big projects like this should have a team to test cores. If not, well, i m here, i can test cores on k1

A stable branch should be easy to mantain and i would like to know why ra does not have one. You add new shiny things, then you focus on testing and fixing bugs and here you go a stable build, and again
shiny things
fixes
etc
[/QUOTE]

Tomar como base de funcionamento do retroarch 1.3.4 android o Nvidia Shield, acredito que Ă© limitar um grande sistema como Ă© o Retroarch e inclusive o android a um aparelho reservado a um publico muito reduzido que possui este aparelho, eu comprei um MX3-G S812 Quad core 2.00ghz, com 2gb ram ddr3, GPU - Octa Core Mali-450, e me senti distante quando entrei na parte android no fĂłrum do retroarch pois era 90% da perguntas relacionadas a este dispositivo “Nvidia Shield” acho que o Android nĂŁo pode se limitar somente a isto, pode ser que minha maquina seja limitada em relação ao Nvidia Shield mas creio que nĂŁo pois a mesma suporta atĂ© mesmo vĂ­deos em 4k sem problema algum, fica o pedido de nĂŁo ficar muito fechado a somente um aparelho android Nvidia Shield, os cores que ficaram lento no meu foram: bsnes, Desmume( nĂŁo seria possĂ­vel um core do drastic), n64 alguns bugs grĂĄficos(nĂŁo seria possĂ­vel um core doN64oid?), (ainda nĂŁo testei o emulador de psx [I]PCSX ReARMed, me veio a ideia nĂŁo seria possĂ­vel ter um core do epsxe no retroarch? Um abração e tudo de bom.

Meu android 5.1.1[/I]

Thanks for the crash reports but we need logs to really tell what’s going on.

And, though libretro/RetroArch is indeed a huge endeavor, there are only a scant handful of regular contributors, with the bulk of work coming from one guy (that is, Twinaphex).

The Craft one and the Cave Story one never worked for me (ShieldTV).

so

chip8 - attached cave story - waiting
 desmume - attached n64 - aspect ratio, seems only pokemon stadium (all versions) is affected n64 - reset game freeze ra - attached n64 - low framerate - how can i log this? n64 - no joyoad - the log says nothing, you can only see: pad detected, load game -> n64 game -> pad is lost ppsspp - no log for this, only spam from nvidia about tapcounter <.< (maybe it needs a sync with ppsspp) any core - keyboard overlay - no log for this, are you sure the overlay is fine in 1.3.4 gplay? genesis plus gx - nothing in the log but seems it loads a different bios than picodrive so i think this could be the problem. emux - load sms rom - attached craft - attached (this core never worked, another zombie like pcsx) emux - gameboy - attached snes9x_next - how to log lag?

about vba next and saves support

first of all, nowhere is mentioned how to load a gba save in retro arch i found an old cached page in google that brought me to the vba next libretro repo where i found that invisible .c file that converts the saves. this is 100% user-UNfriendly!

what if i don t know to compile a c file? what if i want to easily extract and inject my saves from/into the cartridge without a pc? i don t know this for sure, but, i read the srm gba saves from retroarch are somehow corrupted and requires hexedit before you can inject them in the cartridge

even if this is a small c file, this utility is required by any gba core, so why not create a new repo for it? how am i supposed to know that vba-next has this c file in its repo?

Also, vba-next does not load saves from its save directory. it creates the folder VBA-Next in your saves dir but it s unused because the saves are loaded from the save folder (headache here to find out why my saves were not loaded!)

can i know why retroarch should not support the original .sav?

i m using compress psx games in pbp format. i have GameNameFolder/eboot.pbp. when i load an eboot with a psx core, it uses the file name to make the config file and the save file. this is wrong because every psx game is named eboot.pbp, so the core should use/read the id of the game insted of the file name.

As a general suggestion, putting logs somewhere like pastebin and then hyperlinking it in the crash description is easier than downloading/unzipping/opening them.

For the emux crashes, it looks like the master system one isn’t finding your BIOS image and the gbc one doesn’t support “cart type 19” which seems to be ROM+MBC5, though I couldn’t tell you what that indicates.

N64 game freeze doesn’t have anything informative that I can see :frowning:

Not sure what’s happening with the chip8 emu, either.

For Desmume, does it work without the JIT (even if it’s super-slow)?

Looks like Craft is having a problem with GL. I’ll have to see if it’s even set up to work with GLES.

For GBA saves, conversion isn’t a thing that many people need to do. For the people that do, googling ‘gba save convert retroarch’ brings up a number of threads on the forum and a page on the emugen wiki that talk about the conversion tool. It would probably be good to add an entry to the wiki about it

We won’t be moving away from the srm interface because 1.) it would be a pain in the ass and require a lot of relatively deep changes to RA and 2.) the srms are usually just renamed from whatever the native save format is and don’t require any conversion at all. If they do require conversion, it’s because we needed to do something to it for whatever reason (e.g., N64 saves have all of the save types in a single file instead of having different types for each save type) and it wouldn’t make sense to keep the same name anyway.

thanks

the sms bios should be there, because i can load sms games with picodrive, maybe there s a typo in the emux source or wrong path?

it s not the game that freezes, it s RA. when i press resume nothing happen and the app freezes. You can see the word “reset” stuck in the bottom of the screen

desmume does work without jit and it is really slow

all the saves options are disabled but per-game core option is enabled. configuration per-core is disabled.

carl, I usually change my bios path in the directory picker. Just keep your MAME and FBA bios files put. Radius, I’ll give it another shot. Thanks for all the hard work. Go Broncos! edit: I don’t think I have what I need to run the cave story one. no wiki, either.

you can find a cave story game in its repo. it does work with some random crashes

Radius, do you just load the core? I’d like to check it out but don’t know what to do. I usually get mine to work fine.

crashes mainly happen when i die and press restart, but not always

Not only did I get Cave Story Working (kicks my ass), I also got PRBoom working with Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Plutonia. I also added those games to Arc Browser (easy). like the arc was made for the arch.

Hi, @carl do you still have these cores from 2016? I can’t find on the internet anywhere.