BSNES C++ 98 displays wrong colors since Retroarch 1.2

I’ve been using the BSNES C++ 98 core for months because I can use the MSU1 music mods for SNES games with it. However, with Retroarch 1.2 the color palette looks messed up:

Those are Zelda ALTP and Megaman X, but every game (even without the MSU1 mod) looks like that: greenish. The last build I was using before that was from May 10.

I’ve tried default options, and tried changing many things (video driver, gui, etc), but I can’t fix this. Using the core file from older builds doesn’t help (and it doesn’t seem to be a different file, anyway).

Looks like RetroArch is setting the wrong pixel format, which is probably RA’s fault rather than the core’s, based on your report. However, there’s no reason to use that core outside of platforms that are unable to compile the other variants (mainline or mercury). You can load MSU1 hacks with those cores by pointing at the manifest.bml rather than the actual ROM file.

Thanks a lot! I didn’t know I could load the manifest.bml directly in Reatroarch. It works fine with the other cores as you said. Thanks again.