BSNES vs SNES9x

If this has been asked before I couldnt find it anywhere on the forum. Which is a better option in terms of overall compatibility and especially input lag. I am currently running bsnes balanced and I have slight input lag with super mario world. I have the frame delay at like 13 or something and that is what makes it slight if I turn it down it becomes almost unplayable. My questions are does anyone have a solution to the input lag issue and is using a different core such as snes9x going to solve the problem?

bsnes and snes9x should be identical with regards to latency, though you can likely set a higher frame delay with snes9x because of its lower requirements. Make sure you have hard gpu sync set to 0 and set your audio latency as low as possible without crackling (this doesn’t actually reduce input latency but it reduces perceptual latency, as your brain will sync up the sound with the video to whichever is slowest subconsciously). And, of course, make sure your display isn’t doing any additional scaling and is in “game mode” if applicable.

Also, SMW has its own built-in latency vs some other games, so it may not be the best one to test.