BTstack suppoert for latest iOS build

Hi, I wanted to say that the current ios build as of 31 October 2015 is working great except for the input, which works partially with RA using CFA and btstack tweaks from cydia, however We ask you the developers to please get btstack support into iOS builds , because that’s the only way to solve all controller problems, RA shouldn’t depend on CFA for input, most of the buttons will work, but we come across analog issues, other buttons not working, multiplayer problems etc, the only way for these problems to be fixed is implementing a pure btstack support into iOS build so that it will not depend on CFA (controllers for all) ,that way we would have the most perfect multi system emulator on iOS you could ever dream of, I wish it will be fixed.

I am in the same situation I have a steel series bluetooth controller that worked great before

So the the btstack support will solve a lot of problems, currently you can’t connect more than one controller because CFA won’t allow it, but with btstack you can connect multiple controllers at the same time.

Guys Check this video out, thats what I’m talking about, this is for iOS 7 and RA version 1.001

[QUOTE=Austin-316;30461]Guys Check this video out, thats what I’m talking about, this is for iOS 7 and RA version 1.001

I know what you mean, i used the first version that had N64 core, and it was wonderful. Cause, you could connect more than 3 controllers with no issue, everything worked perfectly. When RetroArch used pure BTstack.

I submitted the issue to github hopefully twinaphex will fix this for us, He said he will look into it, but didn’t give any ETA on that

yahooo!. Maybe its going to take some time, but At least we can use dpad to play n64 games in the meanwhile

can you share how you configured your controller for mupen64plus. I have a DS3 and even after mapping (no analog :() I cant get zelda to move around. Also, how do you map the 4 yellow buttons?

Big news , Be ready folks analogs are gonna be working again in the upcoming updates

How do you know that is going to happen?

That’s because twinaphex is currently working on iCade and iPega controllers support, so it shouldn’t take that long

ah okey! Nice.

Twinaphex is currently working on iCade controller support, so it shouldn’t take too long,

I added analog stick support now.

I tested it on a PS3 pad connected with Controllers 4 All and both left and right sticks worked, so try it out.

Again, I can only test on PS3/PS4 pads with Controllers 4 All, I don’t own any real MFi pad so your mileage may vary there.

It should be in the next nightly on Cydia.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;30977]I added analog stick support now.

I tested it on a PS3 pad connected with Controllers 4 All and both left and right sticks worked, so try it out.

Again, I can only test on PS3/PS4 pads with Controllers 4 All, I don’t own any real MFi pad so your mileage may vary there.

It should be in the next nightly on Cydia.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I downloaded the latest nightly and analog is indeed working. Unfortunately Start and Select still don’t work.

OMG what great news! Nice to know it!

When fixes to inputs, etc. are made, is that done at the core or the frontend level? I’m on the 11/4 nightly frontend and I’ve updated the cores periodically since then. Is it recommended that I update my frontend too?

Input fixes are in the frontend, rather than the cores. So, yes, you’ll need to update RetroArch itself rather than the cores to see the changes.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;30977]I added analog stick support now.

It should be in the next nightly on Cydia.[/QUOTE] OMG , Wow this is incredible, one million thanks to twinaphex, my life is complete now.