Bug? Retroachievments appearing in photos

I’m using the latest retroarch (1.15.0) on a Samsung Galaxy S22. When I play a game with retroachievments active all of the pictures for the achievements appear in the devices photo gallery. It doesn’t matter if i earn a trophy or not. I just start the game then all the pictures (over a hundred in the case of a game like goldeneye 007) appear in the gallery and I have to delete them manually every time. The weird thing is I’ve had this same problem on two different phones, an S22 and an S22 plus.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I wanted to deny retroarch permission to photos to see if that helped but the phone wouldn’t let me without denying retroarch access to all files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve included a picture to help explain:

You can put a NOMEDIA file in the assets to exclude them from the photo gallery: https://www.lifewire.com/nomedia-file-4172882

Thanks for the response. Could you clarify slightly when you say to put the NOMEDIA file in the assets. Where exactly should I put it? Thank you

if you go to settings > directory, you can see where it’s putting your assets. I suspect the location will be not easily accessible, but certain file managers/browser can register RetroArch as a “storage provider” (I think that’s the name) to allow other programs to browse its directories.

EDIT: sorry for the confusion, but I believe it stores them in ‘thumbnails’ rather than assets.