(BUGREPORT)That beta build referred to as the 1.2 release

These are all from the android version.

Device: galaxy s5 android 5.0 firmware OF2

I understand why you released it since it has been so long but this is a very buggy release.

1:when going between menus in glui sometimes the text does not show up. 2:even when you set your keyboard overlay pressing the keyboard icon in game just makes the game pad disappear.(then theres no way to fix it but exit and reload the game) //not the fault of this release//3:dosbox core has sound out of sync with video in jazz jackrabbit and video is way slow in jazz jackrabbit.(it worked on one of the betas but i am not sure witch) 4:touchscreen support does not work unless overlay is completely disabled.(not even on empty areas like the middle of the screen) 5:the android menu core auto select does not work at all.(mupen64 core is installed but when loading a .z64 you get “no supported core installed”) 6:when selecting xmb as menu driver retroarch will no longer load until you delete its app data or uninstall it then reinstall it. //just a nitpick//7:options such as “windowed mode” that do not apply to android are in the menu.(editing them does nothing) 8:the java buttons dont change colors when you select them.(when you press “load retroarch” it looks like the button is not responding) //another nitpick//9:core selection from android gui shows LIBRARYNAME.so where as retroarch shows the core name.(mupen64plus and mupen64plus_libretro_android.so)

1. this one is known and working as intended. The touch stuff interferes with overlays, so they’re mutually exclusive. This should probably be communicated somewhere and/or overlays should be automatically disabled when you’re in a menu with touch enabled.
  2. autodetect only works when the core info files are present and detected. I think they’re supposed to be baked into the Android port, so maybe they’re just not getting detected…? Can you check to see if the core info directory is set in your config and, if so, if the specified directory actually has anything in it?
  3. ok, we’ll look into it. There’s a fallback setup in Windows to drop back to RGUI if incompatible menu options are set, so we may need to do something similar here, if it’s reproducible. However, it may be something isolated to your system, as I thought I recalled people using XMB in Android during testing.

For the rest, thanks for the report. We’ll look into it. If/when we get some bugfixes nailed down, we’ll push out a new version, so it won’t be another year before the Play store version gets updated :wink:

1. as designed
  2. the android menu is going away
  3. works fine here, nexus 5, nexus 7 2013 and Shield Tablet

Believe it or not we did a lot of testing, but we don’t have every device under the sun. Core selection is going away too, the android menu will be gone in a few weeks