Bugs on Retroid Pocket 2+

Just got the RP2+ and ran into a few bugs with retroarch.

When when closing content in YabaSanshiro retroarch crashes and dies

I can’t get Dolphin to run at all, it immediately crashes when loading content. Standalone dolphin works. I’m pretty sure I set up the sys directory correctly.

Lastly, the Vulkan renderer doesn’t seem to be working at all. If I use the Vulkan driver, MupenPlus has major artifacts. If I try to use the LLE rdp or renderer it crashes immediately.

We’d need to see a log of the ParaLLEl-RDP crash. As for Dolphin-libretro, yeah, it doesn’t work on Android v9.0+ for some unknown reason.

1 Like

Here you go

Looks like the driver is missing some necessary features:

VK_EXT_external_memory_host is not supported by this device. Application might run slower because of this.

paraLLEl-RDP: Using RDRAM size of 8388608 bytes.

This device probably does not support 8/16-bit storage. Make sure you're using up-to-date drivers!

Sorry I think that was with gl driver. This is all that’s in the log with vulkan:

Using old --libretro behavior. Setting libretro_directory to "/data/user/0/com.retroarch/cores/" instead.
RetroArch 1.10.2 (Git b2ef25e)
=== Build =======================================
Capabilities:  ASIMD
[INFO] Built: Mar 24 2022
[INFO] Version: 1.10.2
[INFO] Git: b2ef25e
[INFO] =================================================
[Input]: Found input driver: "android".
[Environ]: SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565.
[Core]: Version of libretro API: 1, Compiled against API: 1
[Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 48000.00 Hz.
[Video]: Set video size to: 960x720.
[Video]: Starting threaded video driver ...
[Vulkan]: Vulkan dynamic library loaded.

I only tried it because it said supported under system info

Screenshot_20220331-200054

ah, yeah, that just means it’s compiled into the program. it doesn’t actually check whether your machine can do anything with it.