Buildind a specific release of retroarch + libretro cores at that time

Hi there!

I can successfully build retroarch + libretro cores, on linux, following: https://docs.libretro.com/development/retroarch/compilation/linux-and-bsd/

But this way i get a build of the very latest development version.

Is it possible to build Retroarch + libretro cores as they were at some release date?

I mean, can I build today Retroarch+ libretro cores as when 1.9.7 or 1.9.6 were released.? How?

Thank you and regards.

Sure, you can use git release tags (or any random commit hash) to get any RetroArch version you want. You can do the same to cores, but most cores don’t get release tags at all, and even if they do, they don’t generally relate to RetroArch’s releases at all, since they are all developed independently of RetroArch.

1 Like

Thank you very much, hunterk

OK, I understand.

So… to build, lets say, retroarch 1.9.7 I suppose I need to do a:

git checkout tags/1.9.7 instead of: git checkout

But I don’t see at what point I can do this following the building guide, where the commands are:

git clone git://github.com/libretro/libretro-super.git
cd libretro-super
SHALLOW_CLONE=1 ./libretro-fetch.sh

./retroarch-build.sh

I guess I have to remove “SHALLOW_CLONE=1” and modify libretro-fetch.sh but I’m not sure how.

Any help, please?

Thank you and regards

I don’t personally use libretro-super, but I would think after the libretro-fetch stage, you could just navigate into the various trees and checkout the revision you want to build, then go back out and do the build scripts.