Bypassing the Frontend?

Is it possible to set Retroarch boot to directly to RGUI and avoid using the android frontend entirely?

Not currently. The android frontend may just become a retroarch menu driver in the future, then it should be doable

Is there currently any way to force the android port to autoload a particular .cfg file, or keep the frontend from regenerating the default config file?

Regenerating the default config? Are you quitting RA (the internal, green menus) using Quit RetroArch? If not, settings might not be saved.

I’ve been quitting via the RGUI quit option, and it has successfully saved some of the setting changes I’ve made, but none of my attempts of changing my controller bindings or setting the autoconfig path to a directory with user read-write access have stayed upon exiting RGUI.

I’ve now managed to work around my issue, by directly injecting my autoconfig file directly into a Nightly .apk.

Anyways, thank you all for your help. Now I just need to figure out how to work with Github’s pull requests and I’m golden.