Can I convert my GameBoy Color saves to a format usable on another emulator?

Namely MasterBoy V2.10 on PSP? I would like to continue a game I started on my Wii on my PSP, but the save files for Retro Arch are not in a compatible format with that emulator, and it does not appear that there are any stable releases of Retro Arch for the PSP. I need at least a .sav file, since I can just turn it into a .sav.gz file with 7zip. The game in question is Pokémon Crystal, so would I need to do anything with the .rtc file, or just the .srm file? Am I even on the right track, with the .srm file, or does RetroArch store save files in a different location? (I only ask because I’ve never encountered a .srm file before, so I don’t know if it’s the actual save file or no. I assume it is, as it is the only file format present besides .state files and .auto files, and I’m pretty sure those aren’t it.)

RetroArch usually uses .srm for all save files and they are compatible with other emulators most of the time if you rename them. Pokemon Crystal also uses a seperate .rtc file for its internal clock feature (not every emulator supports it though). Try making a backup of your saves and then rename them to see if they work. RetroArch is also available on PSP though.

Yeah, I decided to try the PSP version, and both on the PC version, and on the PSP version, when I try to boot up Crystal Version using the save I’m wanting to transfer (which is from an older version of RA on Wii), the emulator freezes and has to be forced to shut down. In fact, my PSP is sitting frozen in front of me right now, so I’m going to try renaming the save files to .sav and then .gz’ing them, and hopefully that will work, because if not, I’m probably just not going to play, since I’d have to start over, and Whitney’s Houndoom was a nightmare. Is there any way to make RA spit out a .sav file for this? Or is there perhaps a way to use a RA .srm on VBA-M?

You can rename the .SRM file to .SAV and it should work for most games, the important thing is about the system they are on:

For something like NES, Game Boy /Color you only need to rename the SRM To SAV. In theory it’s the same thing, it just haves another extension. Because you’re playing Pokémon Crystal, I think it’s enough by renaming it .SAV.

For Snes and Genesis, you leave the SRM as it is, because most emulators on PC use SRM Files too.

For GBA Games it’s different: you need a little tool (Or hex editing if you’re hardcore) for removing some bytes of the file that are added for some reason in Retroarch, so you can use it with other emulators (While converting the SRM file to SAV).

Here, this is the tool. It was made by someone of this forum if I remember correctly, although I can’t remember if it was SquarePusher or TheMaister (Thank you A LOT to both). You only need to drag the SRM file to SaveConverter.EXE, and it will create a SAV file

If you want that very SAV file back again to Retroarch, you just rename it to SRM, and it will work.

https://anonfiles.com/file/e9866ae1e0b3ab527a1b56ee568d049e

Hey, that worked! Thanks! Even better, I was able to successfully compress the .sav file into a .sav.gz file and use it on MasterBoy on my PSP! Thanks! Hopefully next time I can just use the PSP version of RA.