Can not load ppsspp core

Hi im having some trouble loading the ppsspp core, when i try and load it it says directory empty?

in retroarch all the others say [CORE] while ppsspp says [DIR]

I have downloaded and copied the assets to system/bios directory in a folder called PPSSPP with no change

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Is the core installed from the libretro PPA? If so, that’s because RA doesn’t seem to like symlinks in some cases, so you’ll need to track down the actual library (I think /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libretro is a good place to start) and mv/cp it to the /usr/lib/libretro directory.

This was an issue with a few cores awhile back but sergio fixed most of them. This one may have fallen through the cracks.

the symllink was in /usr/lib/libretro but was broken as the ppsspp_libretro.so was missing from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libretro, iv copied the core from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86_64/latest/ but still no joy

also im not sure what the abbreviations mean you posted above

yes was installed from PPA

mv/cp just meant move/copy.

So, did you put the downloaded library into /usr/lib/libretro and get rid of the symlink entirely? if not, do that.

It should be fixed right now, update your system.

remove and reinstalled and no change

[QUOTE=hunterk;31703]mv/cp just meant move/copy.

So, did you put the downloaded library into /usr/lib/libretro and get rid of the symlink entirely? if not, do that.[/QUOTE]

this worked thanks

Sweet. Glad that got you going. Hopefully, we’ll get a longer-term, true fix pushed out soon.

[QUOTE=hunterk;31703]mv/cp just meant move/copy.

So, did you put the downloaded library into /usr/lib/libretro and get rid of the symlink entirely? if not, do that.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s easier to change the path to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libretro/ in Settings tab --> Directory --> Core Dir … You’ll broke your packages copying & pasting the cores between the folders.

RA has a problem with symlinks, take a look: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2442

I think at this point he doesn’t have the package installed at all, since he’s using one that he manually downloaded from the buildbot. That is good to point out, though, that he’ll need to delete that library before trying the package again in the future.

Another option still would be to set your libretro directory to somewhere user-writeable and exclusively use the cores from the updater, just like you would on Windows, rather than using the packages from the PPA. I personally prefer the PPA route but just wanted to throw that out there :slight_smile: