Can RetroArch save/load cheats too when loading/saving state?

Hi there. New to this forum.

I’m slighly annoyed with cheats everytime I fire up RetroArch to play a saved state.

Paused. Picked the system. Picked the cheat cartridge. Picked the game. Toggled on/off 7 different things. Apply cheat changes… every single time.

Is it possible to save/load cheat options too when loading/saving state?

If not, should we add an option for that?

If RetroArch can select file and detect core, can we have RetroArch skipping system selection too (when navigating through cheat directories)?

Many thanks for this toy. Lot of happy retro gamers out there. :slight_smile:

I believe including the cheats in the savestate would violate the separation between frontend and core, insofar as cheat management is a frontend activity and saving state is a core activity. However, I suppose the frontend could spin off a separate file that logs the cheats that are loaded for a given game and dump it into the save or config directory or whatever.

I see. Launching dmenu in front of RetroArch will cause the program to close. I tried this from time to time.

With autosave (sram), autosave (state), and autoload (state) all toggled on, I’m able to pick up where I left off easily… except for cheats.

That and I don’t always leave RetroArch running in the background. Yes, I would like that idea very much. Where do we go from here?

Should somebody else could try the same thing? To launch dmenu/rofi in front of RetroArch and see if it closes for them too?

EDIT: Okay. Escape will close dmenu and RetroArch. Not the behavior I wanted, but I fixed that with

# Ask for confirmation on exit.
confirm_on_exit = true

P.S. How do I strikethrough here? Many thanks.