Can someone help me get RetroArch on iOS 11.1.2?

Hello, I’ve recently purchased an iPhone 7, with iOS 11.1.2 on it.

Can anyone here help me install RetroArch on it?

I’m able to JailBreak with Electra if necessary… though I’m considering waiting for Saurik to update Substrate.

Basically what I’m hoping to achieve, is:

1: RetroArch on 11.1.2

2: Play PS1 and N64 roms, as well as PSP roms. (Will use PPSSPP I think)

3: Connect PS3 controller to iPhone 7 with BTStack

4: Try to avoid Controllers For All, since it changes the PS button to open prompt to disconnect controller, instead of RGUI. (UNLESS using PPSSPP or other iOS Apps)

Also, I hear iOS is 64bit only, so would it be easier if I got an iDevice with iOS 10 on it instead?

Thank you!

1- you can get any retroarch version from this forum and install it via cydia impactor without Jailbreak. Or use any of those free install apps services like Panda helper, Tutuapp or tweakbox.

2- Retroarch has two Ps1 cores, Provenance has both ps1 and N64 cores, and Get the latest ppsspp for psp games(jit is working without jailbreak so all games in full speed).

3- I believe BTStack doesn’t work with Controllers For All on iOS 11. In this case only iOS controllers will work(MFI, iCade or keyboard).

My suggestion is to get a Mfi controller or more and use it with any emulator on latest iOS update.

You’re simply… awesome, seriously.

About CFA though, on my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4 I could use a PS3 remote with BTStack.

ControllersForAll is NOT used, it isn’t even installed on the iPhone.

What has changed? Because I’ll just install 1.0.0.2 if things changed for FrontEnd in RetroArch.

I just used this below in a FrontEnd.cfg, why is CFA suddenly essential? I’m going to ask the guy who made BTStack to update it.

ios_use_file_log = “false” ios_tv_mode = “false” ios_btmode = “btstack” ios_orientations = “landscape”

Also umm, this just occurred to me.

How do I get ROMs into the iPhone without root access to drop them in?

1.0.0.2 supports enabling BTStack and syncing ps3 controllers. These features were removed after 1.2 to current version. So nothing wrong with BTStack. I believe @yo6snap can bring these features back and add ps4 controllers as well. We should talk to him.

I don’t understand why would they remove it if it worked? :f

Anyhow, how can I add games to RetroArch if I don’t have root access via Jailbreak?

use iFunBox

Oh no way, never thought of going through that way. I always went via /var.

Thanks MrSeven.

One more thing, umm… how do you resign without losing the info contained in the app? EG. Saves etc.

@MrSeven_X

Looks like he’s already at it! ;x

P.S. I’ve updated to 11.3.1