Can the PrBoom or Quake cores run these?

I’d love to get back into playing some Heretic and Hexen. Is the PrBoom core capable of playing these, or is another core development required? Also, what about games like Quake 2 and Quake 3 Arena? Do those have a working core? Lastly, what about games like Duke Nukem (3D of course). I suppose I can get ALL of these to work if I had a working version of DOSBOX, but I can’t seem to make it work with the Raspberry Pi 3. Does DOSBOX require some sort of BIOS? Anyway, I just thought “Why can’t I just drop in the Heretic/Hexen wad into PrBoom?”. I never tried it, thought I’d ask first.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys have done. Even if it’s not possible, what you have accomplished already is simply amazing. Keep up the good work!

I don’t think prboom plays anything but Doom and tyrquake only plays Quake1. The others would require more engines to be ported.

Yeah sorry. I forgot to mention I do use tyrquake for Quake 1. :slight_smile: Thanks for the response. Guess I’ll just have to wait for more ports.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried Arcane Dimensions or the new Bethesda quake episode in the Tyrquake core?

I tried the Bethesda episode unsuccessfully. It apparently leaves out some stuff that it assumes will be present but isn’t in tyrquake.

Gotcha, thanks.

Did you try Doomsday Engine? It could launch Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen…and you could use HD textures or HD music replacement.