Can you use cheats in the dolphin core

I know you can’t use Retroarch cheats with the Dolphin core, but on the docs page it says it accepts native cheats. I tried once before to input some standard action replay codes that work in the stand alone Dolphin emulator after enabling cheats in the core options menu, but they didn’t work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Use the link below to download the Dolphin core.

GitHub - hunterk/libretro_builds: Automated builds of libretro projects

1. Move dolphin_libretro.dll to RetroArch\cores.

2. Follow the guide in the link below to setup the Dolphin core correctly.

RetroArch - How to Setup: Dolphin - YouTube

1. Within the standalone Dolphin, enable cheats from Config, select a game, and enable the cheats that you want to use.

2. Copy your GameSettings folder from Dolphin Emulator to RetroArch\saves\User.

3. After running a game with the Dolphin core, enable cheats from Options, and restart RetroArch.

The next time you run the game, the cheats should be working. I have tested this with the Hyrule Field Speed Hack. See the screenshots below if you want proof before taking the time to follow the above steps, and focus on the mini map to the lower left. See Emulation Information from the link below the screenshots for an explanation.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)/sandbox - Dolphin Emulator Wiki (dolphin-emu.org)

1 Like

You must write the Gecko codes you have in the AR (Action Replay) tab… And do the same process; choose the ones you want to work and then copy the file from Dolphin Emulator\GameSettings to RetroArch folder \saves\User\GameSettings